Friday, August 1, 2008

A Little Overboard

I went a little overboard with the skirts, but I had a blast doing it. Here are four little skirts for four little cousins. There's going to be a lot of "Oh my gosh, those are sooo cuuute!!!" going on. The fact that they're pink is enough to bring on the "sooo cuuuute" comments. Of course, I get to play the, "I love you more than all your other Aunts, because I seeeew for you, and they don't". I'll say this with raised eyebrows while casting side glances at my sisters' jealous looks. Hee Hee Hee. Being an Aunt is such fun.

Sewing is a lot of fun. As I said before, it was surprisingly easy to sew these simple skirts. They could be frilled up quite a bit by making the ruffle a contrasting color, adding ribbon or rickrack, or even a tulle under ruffle peeking out would be really cute. The whole pattern was only two pieces cut out twice (a square and a long rectangle), straight seams, and the ruffle.
Now I would like to pass along the award I received recently from Egghead. I would like to send it along to Sugar Creek Farm. I really appreciate her sharing their real farm life (while I'm still in pretend stage). They do a lot of things I admire: raise crops, kids, cattle, poultry, sell at the farmer's market and numerous other things. All the while keeping a really positive attitude while dealing with the challenges of farming and figuring out how to get all the ends to meet up eventually. Thanks Sugar Creek Farm for your fun inspirational web site.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww those are sew cuuuuute! lol...couldn't resist. ;)

Betsy said...

You did a good job on the skirts the girls looked cute in them..... hope you got a picture to post of them........



Betsy

sugarcreekfarm said...

Aw, you're so sweet Kristi! Thank you for the award. I've been a little lax in the blogging and blog-reading departments this summer. Hopefully as summer winds down here I will get back in the swing of things :)

Anonymous said...

My daughter was one of the lucky ones who got a cute little skirt. She whispered in my ear. Don't tell the other girls but my skirt is the cutest one. -terri

Egghead said...

Those skirts really turned out cute. I love fast and easy plus cute....a great combination. Man am I behind on my blog reading

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the skirt. I like your blog. I think the butterflies on my skirt are awesome. We all looked pretty together in our skirts. If you ever get bored make me another skirt. Just joking! From your favorite niece, McKenna.

Moni-Q said...

Hey... we had a great time visting. You have such a beautiful home, and that word "home" encompasses everything-yard, chickens, garden, flowers, house, food, children etc. What a fun and exciting house to visit. I can't wait until you get the cows. :)

I just wanted to tell you that Rayne loved her skirt. It was very sweet of you to make one for all of the girls. They just loved being dressed alike. I agree with McKenna, they all looked pretty in their skirts. Thank you so much for you thoughtfulness.

Love,
Neekee