Monday, August 4, 2008

Dishwasher Powder Recipe

Finally! I found a dishwasher powder recipe. I'll let you know how it works. I'll try to calculate it's actual cost as well and post my findings later. Dishwasher powder is the only cleaning item that I still currently buy and do not make. Most every cleaning supplies you will ever need can be made from very simple cheap ingredients: Vinegar, sodium carbonate, sodium bi-carbonate, essential oils, jojoba oil, soap, and borax.

Dishwasher Powder

1 cup Borax
1 cup bi-carbonate soda (baking soda)
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup citric acid
30 drops citrus essential oil

Mix thoroughly and store in an airtight plastic container. Use 1 tablespoon at a time.

1 comment:

Egghead said...

I hope it works well. Let us know for sure if it does a good job cleaning. I love that you let us in on this stuff.