Friday, April 11, 2008

High River

The river is higher than it has been in a long time, not counting Katrina. This is water from the north not the south. Due to all the snow and rain up north the river has reached levels high enough to warrant opening the Bonnet Carre Spillway and diverting water into Lake Pontchartrain. That's supposed to happen around noon today. Here is a pic of the river from the levee behind my house. The trees are several feet from the normal river bank.
This is the levee behind my house. You can see the saturation. The river level is above the point where I am standing to take this pic.

4 comments:

Work EMail said...

Hey sister-in-law ...

I love your blog .... check this site out that a friend sent me. http://www.storyofstuff.com/

Cant wait to see everybody this summer.

Love to the family,

Sean

sugarcreekfarm said...

I hope you stay dry! I'm so jealous of all the green you have :)

Egghead said...

After what you went through with Katrina I don't know how you cope when the water begins to rise. Scary stuff. Good luck with the doctor thing....I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you now. Makes me glad to be high and dry.

JeanSkirtGirl said...

while that's a lot of water!