Here it is! The finished hat. This isn't the gargantuan hat I started out making. Some where I miscalculated something and the hat looked large enough to fit King Kong. Then, being the impatient person I am, I just deducted how many stitches I thought was necessary and started a new hat unraveling the old. The new hat looked quite small. It turned out to be too tiny even for my youngest daughter. We all decided we should give it to my Sister's Munchkin. So I crocheted up a pretty blue flower and sewed it on with some bright pink yarn forming the eye of the flower. I must say, I'm pretty pleased.
This is my third attempt at making a sufficiently sized hat for my over sized yet not huge noggin . The pretty green, blue, and brown yarn on the side is wool and I am going to attempt to make a cute hat out of it once I get better at this!
I'm terrible at following directions, and tend to get impatient with tedious directions. I found this video very helpful and easy to follow.