Monday, March 30, 2009

Puddles Unite!

Could there possibly be a political future for my daughter? Maybe she'll be an activist, or perhaps a minister like her Grandfather and Uncle.

The day after the big rain Byron came in and informed me that Talia was saving the puddles.

She filled buckets with water from the water hose and then poured it dramatically into the shrinking puddles.
All the while yelling, "I'll save you!"
After doing this for quite a while she decided it was time to rally the forces. To arm the mindless puddle masses with their torches and pitchforks.
To bring them together with the rallying cry of, "we will not evaporate!"
She stood on high upon her trailer platform and gave her stirring speech.
"Oh most magnificent puddles! I will not let you evaporate! Come to me!"
The stirring passion that was behind each moving sentence!
The deep heartfelt gestures toward the menacing hot sun and heaven!
Then the closing that had all of the puddles quivering with the desire to jump up and throw Talia upon their crest and flow through the streets echoing her passioned cry....
"PUDDDDLESSSS....YOUUU....MUSSSSST.....UUUUUUNIIIITE!!!!!"
Now, Time to go rub shoulders....er....feet with the common puddle that made this movement possible.

8 comments:

meboo said...

I have no doubt that she will be a great leader one day - fighting for the causes that she deems worthy of her efforts.

Polly said...

Oh, goodness!! What memories those pictures and your post bring back! One of my boys always made a puddle if they all dried up. He carried water by the bucket until he had a puddle to play in! I love your blog. I am so glad I found it. I will be back to read more. Have a great day.

Tipper said...

Such imagination-oh to be a kid with puddles again.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's amazing. And so well written. Maybe when she's older can get involved in clean drinking water projects.

Tiffany said...

I have a persuasive speech due in 2 weeks. I need to hire that girl! How much is her speechwriter's fee??? LOL!

JeanSkirtGirl said...

Great speech! she a doll =) love carmencita

Harry said...

I love this, it was a great story.

Egghead said...

So sweet. Oh to be so young and carefree. Adorable little girl.