Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Around The House and Garden

Look what greeted me when I stepped out of the door this morning.
In just a few days the corn and the....
peas have grown by leaps and bounds.
Here is a the three new beds Byron built this past weekend. We're going to build three more this coming weekend. The second phase of the potager will be finished when these beds are filled with soil. This picture shows the stages of my garden. As I cover the paths thickly with cardboard, I am covering the cardboard with leaves and mulch.
The long beds are 40 inches wide and 16 feet long. There are four sets of two with 20 inches between them. There are two sets on each side of the main axis with 52 inches between them. Eventually there will be arches over the 52 inch paths covered in climbing plants. These beds are going to hold beans and tomatoes this year. I am considering making a southern pea patch in another area using the no till method.
There are visitors on my parsley. Thankfully my parsley is robust and beautiful. I can share a little!
Vibrant yellow calendula.
The first little sprout of Tropicanna canna poking out.
So, how does your garden grow?

2 comments:

Tipper said...

Well mine isn't growing as well as yours yet! Can't believe how far along your stuff is-and it all looks so good too!

JeanSkirtGirl said...

WOW!!! That looks great when I have my own house I am going to have a big garden like your's Great job Love carmencita =)