Monday, July 21, 2008

Sewing Project Numero Dos


Yes! Yes! I love this machine. Why was I so intimidated for all those years. Maybe it was the non-earthy machineyness of it. Maybe it was all those little hooks, holes and springs I had to maneuver the thread around. I'm in love with a sewing machine. Today I am going to tackle the pile of stuff I need to mend and finish Talia's Skirt. Really, if you ever thought about it, just do it. It only looks difficult.
Here it is, a pic of my second sewing project. Seleste's skirt. I know, I know, it's not elaborate--give me time. But it's long enough to cover my daughter's extra long skinny legs and knobby knees, and she looks adorable in it. My two youngest are tall and thin. So usually if it fits in the waist or shoulders, it's way to short. She also told me it's extra comfy. One yard of material. One yard! (and a piece of elastic) That's all it took.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have no idea what warm fuzzies I get as another sewing mama is born. *blissful sigh* The skirt looks great! Isn't it a great feeling to see your girls in something you made yourself? :D

Moni-Q said...

Very nice Kristi. I will now expect a nice little skirt for my raynie girl! She will like whatever Talia likes! ha! I'm proud of you. You did a great job.

Kristi said...

Yes, I need to make Raynie and McKenna one. What a party we are going to have!

Yes, Tiffany. It is a wonderful feeling!:D

Joanna RawTn said...

Congrats on acquiring yet another skill! I always knew you could do it ;) Love ya lots!

JeanSkirtGirl said...

hey that's awsome!! I want one to!! hehe that's a very pretty skirt!! way to go!!!

love carmencita

Egghead said...

Great job on the skirt. I bet the girls love it. It is so much fun to create by sewing.