Monday, February 22, 2010

Turning 10

Turning TEN in our house hold is a big deal. It's one of the two years you get to have a shin-dig! Ten and sixteen, that's it. That's the only two years you get a birthday party except for family coming over singing happy birthday, eating cake and getting a few gifts from Mom, Dad, Grandparents, and Aunts....at 10 and 16...YOU Get To Invite ALL Your FRienDs!!!

So great preparation and anticipation were involved to put together a delightful bash a ten year old missy would never forget! I think it'll take a few posts to show all the ten year old joy from Saturday...I'll start with the pennet banners we made.

We bought pretty, cheap, and clearance fabric for a $1.50 a yard in five different girly patterns. Next we cut out a diamond shaped pattern and used it to cut out 40 pennets. Stacking the fabric helped speed up this process. These diamonds were then folded in half and ironed into the pennet shape.

Then we used fusing to fuse the edges together from the tip to about 1 inch from the top.

Here is all the ironed pennets waiting to be fused and then....

Strung on ribbon to soon festoon the par-tay room!!!
After the party they'll add some spice to the girls' room. Next......The PARTY!

2 comments:

meboo said...

Ohhhh Kristi, I love this idea. It's so sweet. I wish I had half your creativity. Hurry and post the party pictures. I'm anxious to see them. Kass said it was precious, and she had so much fun being over there with all the girls and you.

JeanSkirtGirl said...

I am so gald the brithday girl had Fun!! I am so happy I got to hlep u get the party ready I had so so much fun and being with the girl's It's so much fun makeing the pennet banners thanks =]
love carmencita