Monday, September 29, 2008

What to do on Saturday Night

What do you do when the weather's just perfect outside? When it's been sunny all day and cool at night? Have a camp out in the backyard!

While I helped the church with a garage sale, Byron and the girls worked around the house all day. Byron split the wood and made us a nice stack for our short winter. All of the rotten stuff and grass clippings were piled high for a Bonn fire.
Hmmmm...? Is this marshmallow burnt enough? Or do I need to burn it some more?
It was a perfect night for drawing by lantern, talking to Mama, looking at the stars, trying to spot bats (no luck), guessing why the crew boat visited the ship out back (to bring a river pilot?...Someone to the hospital?), trying to do cart wheels, playing motorboat....and....
having the bench all to yourself to contemplate......
Dirty feet and all. Then sleeping in the tent when you have a perfectly good bed a few yards away.

Cost $0

Memories Priceless

I'm convinced...The best things in life are credit free.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

When Byron told me last night that ya'll camped out, I know I would see a blog post on it...especially after he told me he took a few pictures....

If I would have been there, of course I would have been in the nice comfortable bed inside....lol
Living in a Fema trailer for almost 2 years was as close to roughing it as I hope to get...hehe


Still in shock over the yard sale, I told everyone, it was like the fishes and the loaves, because I sure did not see a thousand dollars worth of stuff there.....

See Ya
Betsy

Anonymous said...

What fun! Amazing the things you can do without leaving home or spending money-if you just use your imagination.

I enjoyed your Abandoning Teenagers post-I totally agree.

Tiffany said...

I'm reading this after listening to my ghetto acting neighbors scream at each other for an hour and the lovely sounds of middle schoolers' potty mouths coming off the bus. Your camp out sounds so delightful! Keep the tent up, we'll be there in about 24 hours.

Egghead said...

Some of the best memories are those that are so simple and easy to do. I love that you did this.