Monday, October 11, 2010

FCNOGC Founder's Day Tea

FCNOGC  stands for The Federated Council Of New Orleans Garden Clubs, Inc.....and I hosted their annual "Founder's Day Tea" in my garden this past Friday.

As usual before any "sophisticated" social occasion special help must be summoned to ready the premises for the honored guests!  So my two nieces came over and helped me clean up....Luckily they found Talia's stash of Valentine's candy under Talia's dresser and helped dispose of them properly before they drew ...gasp...insects of the undesirable type into the house....
...Naomi was quite efficient in her work....Thanks girls for all the help!
All in all the day was just about perfect!  My friend Willie and I....
I made the centerpieces from various types of foliage found in my garden....curly willow, variegated ginger, sedge, papyrus, lorapetalum, pittasporum, windmill palm, and asparagus fern.  It's amazing how dramatic and colorful foliage can be!

The food....way yummy....asparagus, mushroom, roast beef, ham, and egg salad sandwiches, pork, chicken, beef and shrimp spring rolls with peanut sauce, tomato mozzarella kabobs, veggie sushi, brie, feta, Parmesan, Swiss, cheddar, blue cheese tray w/ spiced pecans and fruit, oranged macadamia nuts, pecan pie, lemon cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, brownies and pumpkin muffins with cream cheese icing, and Belle Chasse Garden Club's very own special pineapple punch....mmmmmmmmm
One of my many sweet and colorful guests!
...relaxing in the pecan tree shade...
....socializing in the house...
...talking with old friends...
....getting a few seeds for the garden....(I put out a few jars of seeds I had saved in case any one wanted to take home a few.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much did your cleaning crew charge you? They look very efficient. I may have some easter candy behind my couch.
Terri

JeanSkirtGirl said...

WoW sister kristi u look great and I love the person u are inside and out great job its look beautiful love carmencita